There is always something missing

​

I feel like a massive fish,

trapped in a small, glass pot.

It never fit me, never could.

I tried to adapt, to shrink myself to fit its confines,

Cutting away pieces of who I am, just to fit.

But I was never the right size.

There’s always something missing.


And sometimes, I feel like a tiny fish,

Drifting in a vast, endless ocean.

I long to see the world around me,

But there’s a whirlpool inside, pulling me under,

Dragging me down where I can’t move.

There’s always something holding me back.

There’s always something missing.


Other times, I feel like I am the pot, the ocean, and the fish all at once.

I am both the problem and the solution.

And yet, life moves forward despite my inner battles,

An unsolvable riddle that lingers,

A dilemma with no clear answer,

Because there’s always something missing.



©️Artwork by Henry Daubrez

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة